Sunday 24 February 2013

Ex-mayor and manager seeks LHS headmaster post

LOWELL -- Former Mayor and City Manager Brian Martin has officially announced he will apply to fill the vacant position as Lowell High headmaster.

"I think the high school is a great school. It's the flagship school for the Lowell Public Schools. I think that I would have an awful lot to offer as a leader of the school," Martin, who is a 1968 graduate of the school, said.

Martin, 62, has worked as U.S. Rep. Niki Tsongas' senior advisor and district director for the past seven years.

He said he has the congresswoman's blessing to apply.

Martin is a former teacher and was the high school athletic director. He comes from a family of educators.

Superintendent of Schools Jean Franco did not renew Headmaster Ed Rozmiarek's contract, which expires June 30.

"I hope I can convince the selection committee that I'm the right person," he said.

Source: http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_22646099/ex-mayor-and-manager-seeks-lhs-headmaster-post?source=rss_viewed

calvin johnson sound of music Peter Billingsley festivus festivus nfl playoff picture nfl playoff picture

No comments:

Post a Comment